Definition of Fumbled. Meaning of Fumbled. Synonyms of Fumbled
Fumble Fum"ble, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Fumbled; p. pr. & vb. n. Fumbling.] [Akin to D. fommelen to crumple, fumble, Sw. fumla to fusuble, famla to grope, Dan. famle to grope, fumble, Icel. falme, AS. folm palm of the hand. See Feel, and cf. Fanble, Palm.] 1. To feel or grope about; to make awkward attempts to do or find something. Adams now began to fumble in his pockets. --Fielding. 2. To grope about in perplexity; to seek awkwardly; as, to fumble for an excuse. --Dryden. My understanding flutters and my memory fumbles. --Chesterfield. Alas! how he fumbles about the domains. --Wordsworth. 3. To handle much; to play childishly; to turn over and over. I saw him fumble with the sheets, and play with flowers. --Shak.
Meaning of Fumbled from wikipedia
- Mark Sanchez collided with the rear end of his teammate Brandon Moore and fumbled the ball, which was recovered by the Patriots' Steve Gregory and returned.
- Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is the third studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Sarah McLachlan, released on 22 October 1993, in Canada, 5 February 1994.
- Stadium. With 1:12 left in the game, Browns running back Earnest Byner fumbled on the Broncos 1 yard line while trying to score a touchdown to pull within.
- Fumble were an English rock and roll revival group, that formed in 1967 and disbanded in 1982. They had specialised in covering rock and roll cl****ics.
- Fumble is a loss of ball possession in American football, and other ball sports. Fumble may refer to: The Fumble , a particularly notable fumble in 1987.
- Markbreit's call that Stabler fumbled the ball instead of throwing a forward p****. However, Stabler's fumble was deliberate. "I fumbled it on purpose," he said.
- touchdown run to make it 14–0. But on Washington's next possession, Flick fumbled the ball to Kenneth Sims, who recovered it in Texas territory. 43 yards.