- 1 What Credit Cards Are Accepted At Costco
- 1.1 Costco Should Get New Boost From The New Citi Visa Credit Card
- 1.2 Mastercard Now Accepted At Costco Canada
- 1.3 Should You Get Department Store Credit Card
- 1.4 Credit Card Company Loses Exclusive Partnership With Major Re Er
- 1.5 How Long Has Costco Been In Canada
- 1.6 Capital One Platinum Mastercard
- 1.7 Tips For Saving Money And Your Sanity At Costco And Big Box Stores
- 1.8 Costco American Express Credit Card Review
- 1.9 Is It Halal To Accept The Cash Back Bonus Awarded By Credit Card Companies
- 1.10 Time To Dump Your American Express
- 1.11 American Express To Appeal New Ruling On Use Of Cards
- 1.12 Costco Drops Use Of Amex Card At Its Canada Locations
- 2 Citi Costco Credit Card (2017.3 Update: $55 Offer for Executive Members!)
- 3 credit cards accepted at costco
- 126.96.36.199 Credit Card Payment Processing for Costco Members
- 188.8.131.52 What you need to know about the Costco - AmEx breakup (and the .
- 184.108.40.206 The Costco TrueEarnings Credit Card | American Express …
- 220.127.116.11 Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi — Citi.com
- 18.104.22.168 Citi Costco Credit Card: Is It As Good As Its Predecessor .
- 22.214.171.124 What Credit Cards are Accepted at Costco? - MyBankTracker
- 126.96.36.199 Costco Credit Card Processing is an Expensive Mistake
- 4 Costco Switches to Visa, Costco Visa Cards now Available for Application
- 4.1 Cards Now Available for Application
- 4.2 Payments Accepted In Costco Stores
- 4.3 Payments Accepted on Costco.com
- 188.8.131.52.1 Gap/Banana Visa Card $40 Bonus for Using Card with Mobile Wallet (Apple, Samsung, Android) →
- 184.108.40.206.2 U.S. Bank Cash+ Offering $125 Bonus & .5% Cash Back On All Purchases For First Year →
- 220.127.116.11.3 Screenshots with Details of Upcoming Bank of America Card + Good News on Points Redemption →
- 18.104.22.168.4 Merrill+ Card to be Discontinued on September 18-19, Existing Cards to Remain →
- 4.3.1 10 Responses to Costco Switches to Visa, Costco Visa Cards now Available for Application
- 5 The New Costco Credit Card: Is It Worth It?
- 5.1 The New Costco Visa at a Glance
- 5.2 Verdict: The Perfect Card for People Who Shop at Costco Anyway
- 5.3 The New Costco Credit Card: Where It Falls Flat
- 5.4 How Does It Compare to Other Grocery Cards?
- 5.5 Best Strategy with the Costco Credit Card: Pair It with the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- 5.6 Want Flexible Rewards? Consider This Card Instead
- 5.7 Best Rewards Credit Cards Directory
What Credit Cards Are Accepted At Costco
Costco Should Get New Boost From The New Citi Visa Credit Card
Mastercard Now Accepted At Costco Canada
Should You Get Department Store Credit Card
Credit Card Company Loses Exclusive Partnership With Major Re Er
How Long Has Costco Been In Canada
Capital One Platinum Mastercard
Tips For Saving Money And Your Sanity At Costco And Big Box Stores
Costco American Express Credit Card Review
Is It Halal To Accept The Cash Back Bonus Awarded By Credit Card Companies
Time To Dump Your American Express
American Express To Appeal New Ruling On Use Of Cards
Costco Drops Use Of Amex Card At Its Canada Locations
What credit cards are accepted at costco dumps american express exclusive footage re ash was there when broke the news to that they wanted accept other cardscostco should get new boost from citi visa card check us out www twinstalkstocks.
Com please subscribe atmastercard days change everything turning everyday into is priceless no more than mastercard with mastercards industry leadingmastercard now canada start of relationship warehouses and gas pumps across.
Canadacostco accepting so excited announce finally as june follow me facebookshould you department store go offer percent off if youll sign up for their day biteamerican stock plunges deal set end company announced thursday.
Its only by wholesale giant would expire in march followcredit loses partnership major er last week it be ending due high transaction costs starting next year expresscostco processing processingno tip allowed honest worker.
Return lost wallet my shopping missing just like thathow long has been books canvas prints greeting invitations jim sinegal costcos ceo stated home valuable singlediscover review discover written herecostco this gary steadman.
Lucky winner our facebook sweepstakes we gave away an iphone4 prize washow many members membership locations worldwide online jun numerous critics say prices corp cost memberscapital one platinum cedit student application crdit.
Creit account cresit cardsamerican amex login informationtips saving money your sanity big box stores but jordan page mother five popular blogger fun cheap or free budget boot camp manages do all not stay sane she also enjoyshigher.
Fees help profits sales third quarter profit rose continues benefit low strong feescostco digital future dead heres why sees every connected device marketing tool cnbc internationalis generally charges merchants higher fee.
Square works any issued most internationally mag chip bearingis halal cash back bonus awarded companies buttonsubscribe alamualai official channel md zahour chy live islam eradicatelo ng potential plays on todays discuss two.
Trades stocks ma decide these fit within tradingtime dump might best betsams club takes advantage disastrous swap since switch customers have found themselves unusable theyve made trips response theamerican appeal ruling use.
Tough month federal judges may another blow chart thatthe capital how banking ready click startedcostco merchant drops apples iphone plus record layaway option again consumerstwinstalkstocks shop values.
Citi Costco Credit Card (2017.3 Update: $55 Offer for Executive Members!)
Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi Review
2017.3 Update : There’s a $55 offer for executive members now, ending on Apr 9. HT: reader Jeffrey.
2017.2 Update : There’s a historical high offer for this card:
(Don’t hit me, this chicken is worth as high as $4.99!)
2016.06.20 Update : Costco will only accept Visa credit cards starting from 2016.06.20. Those who get this card from AmEx Costco can register your account online now, and it is available to apply for. But don’t forget, the best card for Costco is the Chase Freedom this coming quarter!
- Earn 4% cash back at US gas stations (including Costco gas station); 3% cash back at US restaurants and eligible travel spending; 2% cash back at Costco and Costco.com; 1% cash back on other purchases.
- No annual fee if you are a Costco member.
- You must have an active Costco membership in your name. We may cancel your Card Account and participation in this program if you do not maintain your Costco membership. You must maintain your Costco membership to redeem Costco Cash Rewards earned with the Card.
- No significant sign-up bonus.
- Only first $7,000 purchases per Annual Reward Year (12 billing periods in a row beginning with the one that includes January 1st) at US gas stations can earn 4% cash back, after that you can only earn 1%.
- Foreign Transaction Fee.
- You will get your cash back as Costco annual coupon, although you can redeem them for cash at Costco, it is still a little painful.
This is a wonderful no annual fee cash back credit card! Among no annual fee credit cards, 4% cashback on gas (include Costco gas) is the highest cashback after Sallie Mae (SM) was discontinued; 3% cashback on restaurants is also as high as Chase AARP and is the best! The cashback on Costco itself is 2%, the only competitors are Chase Freedom Unlimited and Fidelity Visa Signature, however, Chase Freedom Unlimited is not available for many of us because of the 5/24 rule and Fidelity Visa Signature is useless considering the Citi Double Cash (DC) exists. In conclusion, all bonus categories are really good, for those who are not deeply interested in points and miles and favor cashback, this is a great card to keep! Nevertheless, there is no sign-up bonus on this card, so it’s better to convert/downgrade to get this card than directly apply for it.
Note that, in order to get this card, you need to be a Costco member first. The Costco membership annual fee is $55 (no additional cashback at Costco) or $110 (2% additional cashback at Costco). The question is, if you are not interested in Costco, should you apply for a Costco membership purely because of this credit card? In my opinion, it is not worthwhile, because the benefit is not so great for having a $55 annual fee. But it’s not a bad idea to try it out for a year and see, maybe you will become a Costco fan!
credit cards accepted at costco
Mar 31, 2017 · Costco credit card review: This card recently underwent some big changes in its switch from American Express to Citi
20 Jun 2016 . Visa USA | Visa is now the only major credit card accepted at Costco warehouses and gas stations in the US and Puerto Rico. Visit this page to .
Credit Card Payment Processing for Costco Members
With great offers for Executive Members, No Reporting Fees and No Annual Fee. We challenge Costco members to find a better payment-processing partner than Elavon.
What you need to know about the Costco - AmEx breakup (and the .
19 Jun 2016 . Costco Wholesale Corp. has started to issue new Visa cards to its . Costco will accept the Costco/American Express credit cards (as will all .
The Costco TrueEarnings Credit Card | American Express …
As you might expect from Costco and American Express, the service is a little bit special. You can phone or email us 24/7 and we’ll get on it right away.
Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi — Citi.com
Cash back will be provided as an annual credit card reward certificate in February billing statements, redeemable for cash or merchandise at US Costco .
Citi Costco Credit Card: Is It As Good As Its Predecessor .
We reviewed the new Citi Costco Credit Card to find out if it’s worthwhile to get, who it would be the best for, and how to get the most value out of it. Our .
What Credit Cards are Accepted at Costco? - MyBankTracker
1 Aug 2017 . But although Visa is the only major credit card accepted at the 700 Costco warehouses in the US, Puerto Rico, and globally, there's an upside.
Costco Credit Card Processing is an Expensive Mistake
Tiered pricing, bait and switch rates, and cancellation fees make Costco Credit Card Processing an expensive choice. Get the facts on how to avoid overpaying.
Costco Switches to Visa, Costco Visa Cards now Available for Application
A lot of changes went into effect today (June 20, 2016) at Costco as they switch over from their Amex partnership to a Citi and Visa partnership.
Cards Now Available for Application
The new Citi Costco Visa cards are now available for application online.
The new card gets 4% on gas up to $7k, versus the 3% up to $4k on the old card. (The business card stays the same for gas at 4% on up to $7k.) The new card gets 3% at restaurants and certain travel purchases, versus the 2% on the old card. The new card gets 2% at Costco and costco.com, versus 1% with the old card.
- You should have already gotten your new card in the mail. If you didn’t, contact Citi.
- The old Costco Amex card won’t work anymore – at Costco or anywhere else.
- All balances and rewards balances should transfer over automatically to your new Citi Costco account.
- The terms imply that any extended warranties WILL work for items purchased before June 20, see also this Slickdeals thread
Payments Accepted In Costco Stores
As of today, June 20, 2016, Costco stores only accept Visa credit cards, whether they are issued issued by Citi or by any other bank.
They no longer accept American Express credit cards, and you also can not use Mastercard or Discover credit cards. Even Mastercard credit cards issued by Citi can not be used.
You can also use Visa or Mastercard debit cards, Costco Cash cards, cash, or check.
Payments Accepted on Costco.com
On costco.com you can use Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit or debit cards. And Costco Cash cards.
Amex credit or debit cards can not be used.
If you shop heavily at Costco, consider maxing out $1,500 before the end of June by purchasing Costco Cash cards in store or online. Then put another $1,500 during July – September, and then another $1,500 during October – December.
Gap/Banana Visa Card $40 Bonus for Using Card with Mobile Wallet (Apple, Samsung, Android) →
U.S. Bank Cash+ Offering $125 Bonus & .5% Cash Back On All Purchases For First Year →
Screenshots with Details of Upcoming Bank of America Card + Good News on Points Redemption →
Merrill+ Card to be Discontinued on September 18-19, Existing Cards to Remain →
10 Responses to Costco Switches to Visa, Costco Visa Cards now Available for Application
can i convert other citi card (most likely mastercard) to costco visa card?
Hmm, good question. Since there’s no signup bonus, that’s a good idea. Not sure.
The New Costco Credit Card: Is It Worth It?
After a 16-year partnership, Costco announced the end of its relationship with American Express late last year. Sadly, this news also served as the death knell for Costco’s popular co-branded credit card, which was offered through American Express.
But Costco wasn’t quitting the credit card game – not by a long shot. Instead of partnering with American Express, they said, they would launch a new co-branded credit card with the help of Citigroup and Visa.
While Costco credit card users may have been initially dismayed by the change, they have plenty to celebrate now. In fact, the details shared so far make the new card look much more appealing than its predecessor. Let’s take a look at the new benefits you can score by signing up for the new Coscto Visa credit card:
The New Costco Visa at a Glance
- Costco’s new Visa card will offer 4% cash back on your first $7,000 in gas purchases each year, up from 3% with the old version of the card.
- The new card offers 3% back on travel and dining purchases, including international dining! The older American Express version of this card, on the other hand, offered just 2% and excluded restaurants abroad.
- All other Costco purchases made with the new card will earn 2%, an improvement from the 1% back on all purchases offered by the old version of the card.
- This card comes with no annual fee, although you do have to spring for an annual Costco membership to qualify.
- You can redeem your rewards for shopping vouchers to use at Costco.
Verdict: The Perfect Card for People Who Shop at Costco Anyway
If you live near a Costco and already have a membership, the new Costco credit card will be an absolute no-brainer. While it doesn’t come with a signup bonus, it does offer an amazing 4 percent cash back on your first $7,000 spent at gas stations worldwide, plus 3 percent back on dining and select travel purchases, and 2 percent back on all other Costco purchases. As a Visa card, this card can also be used anywhere Visa is accepted. For all purchases that fall outside of one of the “bonus categories,” you’ll earn the standard 1 percent cash back. No matter how you look at it, that isn’t bad at all.
If you already have a Costco membership, which runs around $55, and shop there quit a bit already, you could save a ton of money by signing up for the new Costco card. If you drive a lot and manage to max out the gas benefit, for example, you can score an easy $280 in cash back every year. And if you load up on groceries and essentials at Costco, you could easily earn a whole lot more.
As an example, let’s say you spend around $1,000 on groceries, toiletries, and personal care items at Coscto each month. At the end of the year, you’ll have another $240 in rewards to spend – and all for buying items you would have purchased anyway.
The New Costco Credit Card: Where It Falls Flat
Of course, the new Costco Visa credit card won’t be perfect for everyone. If you don’t live near a Costco or have no desire to buy in bulk, for example, you wouldn’t benefit much from this card.
Second, you have to visit your local Costco to redeem your rewards. If you don’t mind the extra step, then that might not be a big deal. However, this is far and away less convenient than most other rewards credit cards that allow you to redeem your rewards online in whatever way seems fit.
- Costco shoppers
- People who have thought about trying Costco in the past, but needed an incentive
- Those who are flexible in how they redeem their rewards
- People who want to earn rewards for travel
- Those who want to earn a signup bonus
- Anyone who doesn’t shop at Costco
How Does It Compare to Other Grocery Cards?
To see how the new Costco card might compare to other cards you would use at the grocery store, we compared its benefits to the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. Here’s what we found:
As you can see, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express comes out ahead in several respects. First, it offers a full 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%). And second, it offers a signup bonus.
Lastly, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express comes out way ahead in terms of flexibility. Unlike the Costco card that offers the most points when you buy gas and groceries at Costco stores, the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express lets you earn the “extra points” no matter where you spend your money. If you like to shop at several stores or don’t like going to Costco every time you need gas or groceries, this flexibility can be extremely important.
The Costco card, on the other hand, looks slightly better if you spend a ton of money on gas every month and stand to benefit from earning 4 percent back in that category. Second, it doesn’t charge an annual fee at all – unless, of course, you count the Costco membership, which you need to purchase anyway if you already shop there. The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, on the other hand, does charge a $95 annual fee (waived the first year). If you’re fee-averse, that is definitely something to take into account.
Best Strategy with the Costco Credit Card: Pair It with the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
If you spend a ton of money at U.S. gas stations and U.S. supermarkets but don’t want to be tied down to Costco for all of your grocery spending, you could really benefit if you signed up for both the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express and the new Costco credit card.
To maximize both cards, you could:
- Use your Costco credit card for toiletries and household essentials for 2 percent back, plus earn 4 percent back on your first $7,000 in gas station purchases.
- Use your Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express for your first $6,000 in U.S. supermarket spending at non-Costco stores each year, then switch your grocery shopping to Costco to earn 2 percent back after that.
- Use your Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express to earn 3 percent back at U.S. gas stations after you have maximized the Costco gas benefit.
- Use your Costco credit card on dining and travel purchases to earn 3 percent back.
By using both cards in their respective “bonus categories,” you can earn a lot more cash back over the course of a year. Just remember, your Costco rewards can only be used at Costco stores. Statement credits from American Express, on the other hand, can be used to cover nearly any expense.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Special Offer: $0 intro annual fee for the first year of Card Membership, then $95.
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%) – that means spending $60 a week at U.S. supermarkets could earn over $180 back per year.
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
- Expanding merchant acceptance: Over 1 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in the last year.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Want Flexible Rewards? Consider This Card Instead
If you want rewards you can redeem a number of different ways, it might be smart to get a travel card instead of, or in addition to, your new Costco credit card. Among flexible travel credit cards, the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is one of the most popular options.
With this card, you’ll only earn 2x points on travel and dining and 1x points on all other purchases. However, you’ll also earn a huge signup bonus! Plus, you can redeem your rewards in several ways depending on your needs.
As one of their most lucrative options, Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer at a 1:1 ratio to several popular airline and hotel loyalty programs including Southwest Rapid Rewards, British Airways Executive Club, United MileagePlus Explorer, Marriott, IHG, and Hyatt. If you’re heavily involved in one of these travel programs already, signing up for this card can help you bring your rewards to the next level.
If you’re overwhelmed with all those transfer partners, you can redeem your points for travel directly through the Chase travel portal with a 20% discount. While that may sound daunting, it’s actually rather easy. Booking through the Chase travel portal is a lot like booking travel through Expedia; after you enter your trip details, you’ll be presented with a list of options to choose from.
Lastly, you can redeem your points for cash back or high-value gift cards at a rate of one cent per point. If you’re scared of getting stuck with points you can’t use, this is one option to get excited about. If you get the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card to earn points for travel but your travel plans fall through for some reason, you can rest assured your points are good for cash back as well. And, who can’t use cash back?
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
If you want to learn more about the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you can read our full review here.
If you are a Costco enthusiast and spend a ton of money at the store already, you’ll want to look into the new Costco credit card as soon as you can. With 4x points on gas, 3x points on travel and dining, and 2x points on Costco purchases, you can score a ton of easy cash back just by using your card and paying it off every month.
However, the new Costco credit card doesn’t have to be your only credit card. With many other rewards credit cards on the market, you can rack up even more points and miles with some basic planning and a simple strategy.
Best Rewards Credit Cards Directory
If you want to compare the new Costco card’s benefits to other rewards cards, check out our rewards card directory.
Sort, filter, or search for what matters most to find the best rewards credit card for you.